- Have a plan for the caregiver in place. This will give the caregiver a sense of direction on the things they need to do.
- Have all medication ordered, clean and precise. I suggest having a med set that is checked weekly or monthly depending on the number of medications & on-going diagnoses
- Have all needed supplies in place. If you are able to purchase the supplies in bulk, that may be the way to go! When you have a new caregiver make clear arrangements on when&who will make the supply purchase. If your caregiver is a lives with our loved one a gift-card has proven to be a better way for the caregiver to make purchases, keep the receipts and you can always track the balance online.
Most supplies include:.
- Depends-if your loved one has that option
- Hospital reclinable bed (if needed) Check with your physician if this an option for you
- Gloves 🙂
- Towels and personal items